Pages

05/10/2014

The Libertines & Bloggers Love Hub!

 photo image12_zpsd0196d29.jpeg
I've had my nails done since this photo was taken, I promise ;)

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts over September; I'm definitely going to make more of an effort over October to post a lot more often! October is one of my favourite months, especially as the days get a little chillier and I can finally start layering again!

Today I wanted to share with you my experience seeing The Libertines at Alexandra Palace in London, and also see if anyone else knows much about the Bloggers Love Hub!
 photo image14_zpse2d12e9e.jpeg
 photo image16_zpsa5f8d54c.jpeg

We began the evening by heading to Victoria Stakes pub - which is only a three-five minute walk from Alexandra Palace. They'd actually set out a 'pre-Libertines' menu - so the pub was absolutely full of fans! The atmosphere was amazing, as every now and then people would burst into various Libertines' songs. We even saw some fireworks out of the window! 

We both ordered the Victoria Stakes' burger: hamburger, bacon, cheese, onions... dreamy. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it was so so delicious!

 photo image17_zps89a1e464.jpeg
 photo image18_zps2c07181b.jpeg
 photo image20_zps0d264368.jpeg

I am a huge fan of a lot of different bands (feel free to check out my last.fm here) but, for me, The Libertines have always held a very special place in my heart. I can't really describe it, but I've always felt (in a strange way) that I can really identify with them, or that in some way, I'm close to them.

Considering they split up around ten years ago, when I was only 11 years old, I'd never seen them before, and I never thought I would get to. After a pretty bad experience at an Arctic Monkeys gig last year, I was a little apprehensive about going to such a huge gig, with a crowd that I thought would be quite riotous. Equally, I knew I couldn't miss it, so we stayed relatively close to the back.

The Libertines gig was one of the best I've ever been to in my life. The atmosphere in Ally Pally was that of pure love and excitement, and though I tried to keep it together, I did get a little weepy during 'The Good Old Days'. The legacy of The Libertines is based on the way they were always aware of their own demise, but that the songs and the music would always be a constant. It appeals to a lot of people who have faced hardships in their lives because it feels like, with The Libertines, you're all in it together. Hearing Gary shout to the crowd 'remember - you're all Libertines!' at the end, just completely did it for me. Amazing.

I'm sure to non-Libs fans this all sounds a little crazy, so I'll move on.

Has anyone else been invited to the Bloggers Love Hub? I'm intrigued by it but I hadn't heard much about it before! I'd love to see if some of you are going, or others who may have been before who can give me some feedback!

8 comments:

  1. Reading this has made me incredibly excited for seeing twin Atlantic at the end if the month also that burger looks absolutely delicious! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I am jealous. I was supposed to literally 10 years ago so that's pretty dissappointing as I didn't make it because I was ill ;'( I could cry but I am glad you had an amazing timee!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the Libertines back in 2003 and it was completely insane. It's still in my top 5 gigs of all time. :) Looks like they're still ace live!

    24 Hours From Home - Travel, Adventures and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have major burger cravings now!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you really enjoyed yourself! x x
    Jess x
    New post up at // www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the few bands I would like to see right now.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi. i am going to the bloggers love hub; why not? :D maybe i'll see you there!
    x Joy
    www.thejoyousliving.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for all your lovely comments! i read every one and will get back to you all. if you have an urgent question, you can tweet me @elena_vincent and i'll reply much more quickly! xx