Pages

31/07/2014

July Favourites!

 photo DSC01643_zpsd632ad5a.jpg
super cute elephant bed covers - Primark

Before I tell you all about these fabulous products (and a non-beauty fave too!) I thought I'd let you know that I've set up a new twitter for my blog and would love it if you guys gave me a follow, as I'd love to follow you all too! It's a much more personal platform where we can chat about anything and everything! Click here to follow. Anyway, onto the favourites...

1. Gucci Flora in Gorgeous Gardenia

My boyfriend bought me this perfume for my birthday in March, and I've since bought another bottle in duty free because it really is the most gorgeous scent. It has hints of pear, white gardenia, red berries and frangipani flower - so if you like fresh, floral and feminine scents then this will be perfect for you! It smells exactly like the first Spring blossom, but it's so fresh that it's perfect for all year round! I know this is a July favourites, but I really have been wearing it everyday since I got it, so I feel it still applies?! Either way, I'm probably going to be wearing this forever. I'm not kidding.
 photo DSC01815_zps2ff4b844.jpg

2. LOreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil UV Filter - All Hair Types

I used this throughout the entirety of last summer and it was only when I ran out that I realised what a difference it made to my hair. Without it, the ends of my hair are dry, thin and fairly brittle. With it, my hair is soft, smooth and strong. It can be used on wet and dry hair or in the shower just before you apply shampoo; I always use it when my hair is wet, just before I dry it. It begins as a serum, so I squirt two pumps into the palms of my hands, rub together until oily then apply to the ends and lengths of my hair. It's magical stuff. Especially with it's UV filter, you won't have to worry about risking any sun damage to your hair either! Perfect!
 photo DSC01818_zps7097705c.jpg

3. Diorskin Nude BB Creme in 02

I'm sure every blogger and their mums rave about this product, and rightly so. It's medium coverage and yet super natural, not too dewy, not too matte, and lasts for hours! I've been wearing this almost everyday, and even though I suffer from fairly oily skin, it doesn't fade or look too shiny. It's quite a watery consistency, but I feel that just adds to the lightness and makes this product very comfortable to wear all day. Even after these photos, I tried to wash it off, and it took ages! This just supports the fact that it won't slide off at the first sign of oil or sweat - perfect for a hot summer's day!
 photo DSC01832_zps3865410b.jpg
 photo DSC01807_zps5fe70eed.jpg
 photo DSC01808_zps40a54bce.jpg

4. The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

As you'll be able to see from The Body Shop website, this stuff has a lot of good reviews. After showering in the mornings, my skin can sometimes be a little red, and recently I suffered a very strange allergic reaction which left it dry and sore. This toner was vital in returning my skin to normal - it's alcohol and fragrance free, so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but you can really feel that it's completely removed impurities, any lasting make-up and all traces of cleanser. My skin is calm and soothed it doensn't encourage oil production, which is perfect for me!
 photo DSC01824_zps63fa3ef8.jpg

5. Yes To Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturiser For Combination Skin

I am always, always, always on the hunt for a decent moisturiser. My skin is very combination; it can be horribly oily but it's also sometimes severely dry. I've tried tons before, and recently my local boots stopped stocking Una Brennan products, which was awful as my old favourite moisturiser was part of this range. Instead, they began stocking the Yes To... range, which I'd never tried before. I picked up this product without any prior knowledge on it, and I can happily say it's my new favourite. It's super hydrating and not at all heavy or oily. It also makes a great base for make-up, and along with my hydraluron serum, I only need to use a small amount of product.
 photo DSC01822_zpsd703c26c.jpg

6. Una Brennan Neroli Firming Daily Brightening Cleanser 

This product is the main reason I'm so cut-up about my local Boots discontinuing the Una Brennan range. Seriously, I'm going to have to either order it or travel to another Boots that does sell it, because I need it. It contains no sulphates or horrible chemicals, and because it's a thick gel, it feels soo luxurious on the skin. I like to use this at night the most; I will put a generous amount on my fingertips, and massage the product in with circular motions, including over my eyes to get rid of the last traces of make-up. When I look in the mirror after I've washed this off, it's like a miracle has been performed - my skin looks absolutely amazing. Soft, clear, calm and refreshed.
 photo DSC01814_zpsc0f613ec.jpg

7. Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Fraise Remix

I'd been after a lipstick this colour for such a long time that when I found it I did a little squeal with happiness. It's a gorgeous deep medium pink colour, with a slight red/coral tint. It does look a little shimmery on my hand, but I usually apply it straight from the bullet to my lips and then dab the excess with my fingertip to create a softer daytime look. It'd also look great as a bold lip for a night out too, though!
 photo DSC01816_zps6f7813a2.jpg
 photo DSC01806_zps4fb6b42a.jpg

7. The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter 

You can probably tell by now that I am pretty obsessed with white floral scents; this body butter is no exception. It contains Fair Trade Shea Butter and smells absolutely gorgeous. I adore that this scent lingers throughout the day, and even if I sleep in it, I can still smell it the next day. Not only that, but it's the most moisturising body butter I've ever used, it even tops my normal Soap & Glory Righteous Butter! I only bought the small version to see if I like it, and I definitely do, which means I'll surely be buying the big version soon. My bank balance will be happy...
 photo DSC01821_zps5c82f8b4.jpg

8. Kindle Paperwhite 3G 

My non-beauty fave for this month is my Kindle! I got this for my birthday, but as I was bogged down with Uni assignments, I didn't really get much of an opportunity to read for fun - although I did squeeze in The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, which is one of my faves. Now I'm on summer break, I'm reading all the time! I'm reading Submarine at the moment, as I adored the film (and not just because 80% of it is Alex Turner singing!) It has a 28 day battery life, and is anti-glare which means I can read in the sun without the light affecting it.

Do any of you have any book recommendations? I love psychological fiction the most but I'll try anything!
 photo DSC01812_zpsfbe8ac95.jpg
 photo DSC01829_zps5ae6b544.jpg

24 comments:

  1. Loved reading this post! I fell in love with Fraise Remix at first sight too! It's such a gorgeous colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so gorgeous isn't it - for day and night! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love Extraordinary Oil!

    Check out my blog for a Christian Louboutin giveaway!
    Alaina x
    www.alainatbf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy the Una Brennan Neroli range too, I hope my local boots doesn't stop stocking them too!
    http://alittlebitofjenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reaaaallly hope my local one brings it back! Although the yes to range looks great too! Xx

      Delete
  4. i love the body shop skin care. its just amazing and not expensive at all.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only recently discovered it but I'm so impressed! Definitely effective and inexpensive! Xx

      Delete
  5. such a lovely post! i've been looking into buying a hair oil so may have to try this one!! and the toner also sounds really good!
    alice x

    http://alicelester.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - definitely look into it! Much less expensive than others and still so effective! Xx

      Delete
  6. I'm really getting into Bourjois atm so will have to have a look at this lipstick in Boots the weekend! And the hair oil! xx

    Alice Anne | Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipstick is so lovely, I'm going to look into buying more colours for sure! Xx

      Delete
  7. Nice products! I really like that Gucci perfume and the shade of your lipstick! xx

    Love,Sara Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're such lovely products xx

      Delete
  8. I love floral scents during the summer as well, I definitely have to try the Moringa collection in Body Shop! Also that Bourjois lipstick looks gorgeous!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the fruity ones to be way too strong! The floral one is just right! :) xx

      Delete
  9. I love floral scents and have been wanting a kindle for ages! Great picks!

    I'm a new blogger at The Grid, LDN - Feel free to check it out:
    www.thegridldn.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so against kindles because I love physical books - but I can read so much more now! Definitely recommend investing in one! Xx

      Delete
  10. I've heard such good things about that oil! I really want to try it out soon!


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you've tried it you'll never want to be without it! It's saved my hair! Xx

      Delete
  11. The oil looks fab, I might give it a go if it works, I've been trying a pentane one and I might review it bc it seems pretty good!

    I've tried some of the 'yes to cucumber' products which I really liked.

    Corinne
    www.skinnedcartree.comcom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it would be good to read your Pantene review! Hair oils are magical! Xx

      Delete
  12. I have the Loreal extraordinary hair oil and I love it, I either use it just before I dry my hair or sometimes when I am just about to style it :)

    and I love that Bourjois lipstick, its such a beautiful colour!

    Lauren x

    hellomisslauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

thank you for all your lovely comments! i read every one and will get back to you all. if you have an urgent question, you can tweet me @elena_vincent and i'll reply much more quickly! xx